SmartCam is a security camera monitoring application for people who want to view their security footage on their devices from wherever they are. To ensure the security of your family, colleagues or even your place, it is important to have an application that will help you manage your camera footage on any device and from anywhere. SmartCam was launched by Hanwha Techwin Co., Ltd. It is available for all Android devices but you can also download SmartCam for PC.
There are many security camera monitoring applications available in-store nowadays. But we assure you that SmartCam is by far the best among them. However, if you want to download another application similar to SmartCam. We recommend you download ICSee as it is also a very good and functional application. Download ICSee for PC here.
How to Download SmartCam for PC, Mac, and Windows
Downloading SmartCam for PC makes viewing your security footage a whole lot easier. You can easily view multiple footage on a bigger screen. All you have to do is follow a very few simple steps to download SmartCam on your PC.
An Android Emulator
An Android Emulator is a necessary tool for downloading any application from the google play store on your PC. Without an Emulator, you can not access the google play store and thus you can not download Android applications on your PC.
We suggest you download the best emulator from the market and that is BlueStacks Android Emulator. The emulator may be a bit heavy but it works far much better than most emulators. If you want to download an alternative to BlueStacks, you can download NoxPlayer Android Emulator. It is lighter than BlueStacks but has a little bit complicated interface.
Download and Install BlueStacks
Follow these steps to download BlueStacks:-
- Download BlueStacks from here.
- In the middle of the guide, you will find a ‘Download Now’ bar. Click on it to download BlueStacks.
- After the download, a .exe file will appear on the screen. Click run and proceed to the installation of BlueStacks.
- Click on the ‘install now’ bar that you will find at the bottom of the installation guide.
- The emulator file is a bit heavy so it may take some time to install.
Error During Installation
If an error interrupts the installation process, check for these problems:-
- Lack of RAM: Your PC may have low storage. BlueStacks is a heavy emulator. Make sure you have enough space before installing it. You can add another drive to increase storage capacity.
- Antivirus Software: Your PC may have activated antivirus software. Disable the software on your PC to prevent it from interfering with the installation process.
- Internet Connection: Check your internet connection. BlueStacks will take more time to install if you have low network connections. Switch to a fast speed internet.
- After installation, launch BlueStacks on your PC by double-clicking the BlueStacks icon on the desktop main screen.
- It will navigate you to the google play store for configuration.
- Sign in with your Gmail ID and password. If you don’t have an account. You can create one and sign up.
Installing SmartCam for PC, Mac, and Windows
After configuration, you can now download SmartCam for PC.
- Open BlueStacks and type SmartCam on the search bar.
- The emulator will lead you to a list of applications on the google play store.
- Choose the appropriate application i.e SmartCam from the list and Install it.
- You can launch SmartCam by double-clicking on the icon that you will find on the BlueStacks home page and the desktop main screen.
Sometimes the application can not be accessed directly from the google play store. But through the APK file, you can download the applications instantly from the play store. Download SmartCam APK from google and locate the file on BlueStacks. Click on the APK file and the application will start installing automatically. Launch the SmartCam app by double-clicking on the icon that appears on the desktop main screen or the BlueStacks home page.
What is SmartCam?
Through SmartCam you can easily view and manage your security camera footage from anywhere and at any time. This way you can protect your family, colleagues or keep an eye on your employees and your workplace from home and on any device. You can also view multiple cameras at a time and make use of the two-way voice recording system.
How to setup SmartCam for PC
You only have to follow three steps to setup SmartCam:
- Sign up to create a SmartCam account. Sign in if you have one already.
- Register your camera or connect with QR Code.
- Configure the camera.
Unlike many such applications available in-store, SmartCam makes sure to fulfill its promised functions effectively. Some of its key features are highlighted below.
- View multiple camera footage at a time.
- Record and listen to sounds through the intercom and speaker.
- Get alert notifications through alarms on the detection of sound and motion.
- Playback your footage to view previous activities whenever you want.
- Control the camera through the application anytime.
- Use night vision to view night time footage.
- You can add multiple users with limited permissions.
- SmartCam is entirely free and does not contain in-app purchases.