Gboard for PC is an advanced virtual keyboard offered by Google LLC for Android and iOS devices. This is the perfect app if you want to change things up a bit and switch to a modern and customizable Google keyboard. You can use it to type faster by gliding your finger across the keyboard, personalize using aesthetic themes, add GIFS and stickers and much more.
Gboard is a smart and highly reliable keyboard application with an integrated Google search feature. Moreover, it allows its multilingual users to choose multiple languages for their keyboard. They can also type using their voice and translate messages with just one tap. Gboard makes it easier for you in every way so you can enjoy simple and fast typing. Gboard is not available for PC, Mac, and Windows. However, you can follow the guide given in this article to download Gboard for PC.
Before we move on to the guide, let’s look at some of Gboard apps key features which makes it the smartest virtual keyboard in the store.
Gboard for PC – Key Features
- Google Translate: Get your texts translated instantly, while you type.
- Multiple Languages Keyboard: The keyboard automatically changes your language when you type a word from a different one. You don’t even have to switch to the language yourself.
- GIFs and Stickers: Add GIFs and stickers to your chats from the unlimited collection which comes with the keyboard.
- Glide Typing: Too lazy to type? Just glide your fingers across the screen and form a letter or word. The keyboard will automatically detect and type for you.
- Voice Typing: If you don’t feel like typing, you can use the voice typing option. Just say the word and the keyboard will instantly type for you.
- Themes: Customize your keyboard using different colourful themes to make typing fun and exciting.
- Hints and Suggestions: The keyboard saves the most used words and emojis and hints them later while you type so you can quickly access and use them. Moreover, it also suggests you words for a faster typing experience.
How to Download Gboard for PC, Mac, and Windows
Gboard can also be downloaded and used for PC, Mac, and Windows. However, you can not download this app directly from the google play store. The only solution is to get an Android Emulator for your PC. This emulator helps you gain access to the google play store straight on your PC so you can download your applications without any restrictions.
Finally, you can download Gboard by following the simple guide given below.
1. A Powerful Android Emulator
Fist of all, an Android emulator is a software which helps you use the google play store on your PC. Other than that, you can use APK files to download applications through BlueStacks, as well. Usually, emulators are used by gamers for smooth and stable gaming. Now, there are many emulators available in the store but not all of them are as stable and powerful as BlueStacks Android Emulator.
2. Downloading BlueStacks
BlueStacks, as said above, is highly stable and quite reliable due to its smooth functioning. It also comes with a lot of features, especially for gamers. Furthermore, it has a very simple interface and an uncomplicated installation process.
You can download BlueStacks raw file by clicking on this link. If you want, you can even visit the BlueStacks official website to get more information about the emulator. Once the raw file is downloaded, click on run to generate the BlueStacks installer.
3. Installing BlueStacks
The BlueStacks installer will appear on your screen. Click Install Now to start the installation. This process takes a few minutes to seconds, depending on the performance of your PC OS. Meanwhile, the installer downloads and extracts important files necessary for the functioning of BlueStacks on your PC. So be patient and do not shut down your PC.
At last, the emulator is installed and almost ready to be used on your PC. All you have to do now is set up the emulator. The google play store sign-in page will appear on your screen. Use your Gmail account or number to configure the emulator. This way you have successfully gained access to the play store on your PC.
Finally, the emulator is configured and we can proceed to the installation guide of Gboard.
5. Installing Gboard for PC
Since Gboard is already available on the google play store, we will not be using the APK method here. Firstly, launch BlueStacks on your PC. Next, search for Gboard on the search bar of BlueStacks. The emulator will directly navigate you to the google play store. Choose Gboard from the list of related apps. And at last, click on the install bar to install the app.
Double-click on the Gboard icon which you will see on the BlueStacks home page and desktop main screen to launch the app. Finally, enjoy using Gboard on your PC, Mac, and Windows!